Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of Code Blue Hosting's web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Code Blue Hosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Code Blue Hosting's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Offensive Content.
You may not publish, transmit, or upload via or
to Code Blue Hosting's service any content (including Web content, e-mail,
bulletin board postings, blogs, chat, and any other type of posting or
transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Code Blue Hosting)
that Code Blue Hosting reasonably believes:
· Contains expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, or sexually explicit material.
· Could give rise to any civil or criminal liability.
· Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech.
· Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes.
· Infringes or assists others on infringing on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
· Creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement.
· Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person.
· Violates or promotes violation of local, state, national, or international laws, including those regarding drugs, export control, gambling, or arms trafficking.
· Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Code Blue Hosting.
· Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Code Blue Hosting by offended viewers.
· Restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying Code Blue Hosting's service or website, or which, in the judgment of Code Blue Hosting, exposes Code Blue Hosting or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
3. Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Code Blue Hosting's advance
approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are
able to demonstrate all of the following to Code Blue Hosting's reasonable
These policies apply to messages sent using
your Code Blue Hosting service, or to messages sent from any network by you or
any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a
site hosted via your Code Blue Hosting service. In addition, you may not use a
third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all
Code Blue Hosting may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
4. Unsolicited E-Mail
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Code Blue Hosting's services.
5. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise
copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by
copyright law unless:
· You have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
· You are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Code Blue Hosting will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
6. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person or persons using the Code Blue Hosting network, please sent written notice of the copyright infringement to email@example.com Your notice must include the following:
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
· Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Code Blue Hosting to locate the material.
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit Code Blue Hosting to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or the law.
· A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
7. Internet Abuse
You may NOT engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including but not limited to:
· Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Code Blue Hosting and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
· Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network.
· Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
· Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning.
· Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting.
· Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Code Blue Hosting's network.
· Use of Code Blue Hosting's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Code Blue Hosting's other customers' use of the network.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Code Blue Hosting network.
You may not use any shared system provided by Code Blue Hosting in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. For example, we may prohibit the automated or scripted use of Mail Services if it has a negative impact on the mail system, or we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your code if it unnecessarily conflicts with other customers’ use of the shared environment. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.
Code Blue Hosting is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Code Blue Hosting network.
Code Blue Hosting reserves the right to change or update this (and all policies listed on our website) at any time, without prior notification.